Love dogs? Don’t miss Lafayette Dogtown Downtown. Dogs invited. Parade participants gather at Lafayette Plaza Park for a 10 a.m. start, walking to the Lafayette Library and Learning Center
Long considered a pet friendly town, Lafayette is giving top billing to its canine community for its 2nd annual Dogtown Downtown event, scheduled for Saturday, April 11, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Lafayette Library and Learning Center.
This is an event about – and for – dogs and dog lovers.
Designed to be a fun and festive canine-focused event, Lafayette Dogtown Downtown 2015 includes outdoor working dog and canine agility demonstrations, fun dog competitions, creative canine crafts and other activities for dog lovers of all ages. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the Doggie Diner float!
There will also be a special author reading of, “Saving Audie: A Pit Bull Puppy Gets a Second Chance,” that includes an opportunity to meet Audie!
ARF and Contra Costa County Animal Services will be available for pet adoptions and animal rescue group representatives will be on hand, as well as other dog-related vendors.
True to Lafayette’s passion for lifelong learning, the Dogtown Downtown event also has a strong educational offering, too. Plan on attending veterinary care presentations by local veterinary specialists.
Don’t forget: Dogs Are Invited! Well-behaved dogs on leash and under the control of their pet owners are invited to attend.
Here are the top 6 reasons for you to take your dog to Lafayette Dogtown Downtown:
- This event celebrates dogs.Why would you leave yours at home?
- Show furry family pride! Lafayette Dogtown Downtown kicks off with a Grand Parade that starts at 10 a.m. from Lafayette Plaza Park (Mt. Diablo and Moraga Road) and continues down Golden Gate Way to the Lafayette Library and Learning Center. After the parade, there are friendly competitions in the following categories: Best Dog-Owner Team Trick, Looks Most Like Owner, Best Costume (dogs only!) and Best of Show. Imagine the photos – wouldn’t those be better with your dog in them?
- Encourage your dog to learn new tricks.Throughout the event there will be demonstrations from the “professionals” – service dogs, police dogs, and dogs advanced in agility training, among others.
- Make easy conversation. Can you think of an easier way to strike up a conversation or find immediate common ground with neighbors at a dog event like this than to let your dog sniff out new friends? Woof.
- Break the library rules. Chance of a lifetime:During the Lafayette Dogtown Downtown event only, dogs are allowed in the library and its classrooms, including during the veterinary presentations.
- Get help picking out a new furry brother or sister. Tony La Russa’s ARF and Contra Costa County Animal Services will be on hand with adoptable pets. Is your family ready to expand?
More About the Lafayette Dogtown Downtown Organizers:
Dogtown Downtown is presented by the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, Lafayette Library and Learning Center, and the City of Lafayette.
Top Dog Event sponsors are Four Seasons Animal Hospital, Cobain Orthodontics, and O’Brian Homes. Additional event sponsors include Minuteman Press Lafayette, the Mosquito Squad, Whole Foods Lafayette, and Amy Dryer Design.
For more information visit: http://www.lllcf.org/dogtown/.
Posted on Fri, March 6, 2015
by Lafayette Chamber of Commerce filed under